International Anti-Street Harassment Week kicks off tomorrow and the team here at HB Vegas is so excited to participate for the first time. Our week is jam-packed with awesome actions online and in the streets to tell our community that street harassment has to stop!
Every day this week we will be making daily blog posts about Nevada laws that can protect us from street harassers. Special thanks to Stop Street Harassment for creating the resource to make this series possible!
We will be participating in the conversation on Twitter throughout the week using the hashtag #EndSH and you can join in too!
- April 12, 4-5 p.m. IST. Safecity and SEEW will talk about reporting harassment.
- April 13, 2- 3 p.m. EDT, SSH, Paremos el Acoso Callejero in Peru and Imprint Movement in Egypt will discuss practical solutions to street harassment.
- April 14, ALL DAY, various groups across the globe will tweet information throughout the day about street harassment and related issues in their region.
- April 15, 1-2 p.m. EDT, Everyday Feminism will discuss what communities can do about street harassment.
- April 16, Time TBD, Pixel Project and Breakthrough will discuss cultural differences in harassment and responses to it.
- April 17, 1-2 p.m. EDT, virtual chapter of NOW will host a chat on a TBD topic.
Remember to share your story!
In the Streets
We’ve got multiple events planned for this week. You can find more details about each of them here.
Chalk walk @ The Center
Monday, April 13th
3pm to 6pm
401 South Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Chalk walk @ UNLV
Tuesday, April 14th
10am to 1pm
The Free Speech Zone
Chalk walk @ The Downtown Container Park
Friday, April 17th
4pm to 6pm
Corner of Fremont & 7th
Self-Defense Workshop @ Israeli Self Defense
Saturday, April 18th
11am to 1pm
The workshop is FREE but spaces are limited. To register, email [email protected] with the subject line “self defense workshop”